Finding the best pest control in Riverside, CA can be challenging. If you’re not prepared with the right questions to ask before hiring an exterminator. So in addition to this list of the best pest control companies in Riverside, CA, we’ve included some inquiries to consider before making your decision.
Questions to Ask Exterminators Before Employing Their Services
First and foremost, it’s important to ask questions regarding the company’s credentials. Also, how many years of experience do they have serving this industry? Moreover, how long have they operated their pest control services in Riverside, CA?
Factors including the weather, moisture, and soil conditions of different regions, all play a part in implementing effective methods of pest control.
What type of jobs have they performed prior that relates to the services you’re seeking to hire them for? For example, are they experienced in removing gophers? Or do they mainly specialize in specific species of termite removal?
Additionally, does their company typically handle jobs of your size? Does their business focus on residential or commercial properties? Are they qualified to handle the magnitude of both jobs?
Are their services guaranteed? Do they offer a warranty? How much training do your pest control technicians receive? These are all questions to consider before hiring Riverside pest control.
Additional Questions to Ask Your Exterminator
- Are your treatments safe for people and pets?
- If treatment fails, are retreatments free?
- Do you use eco-friendly products?
- Do you offer free inspections?
- Will you provide a written quote and honor the price quoted?
- Are your exterminator’s licensed, bonded, and insured?
- Will complete control of rodent or insect infestation require additional visits?
- Are you a family-owned business or corporate chain?
- Does your business support any charities?
- What if I am unhappy with the services provided?
Best Pest Control Companies in Riverside, CA
A quick Google search reveals 50+ exterminators in Riverside, CA that are ready to book you for their services. That’s a bit overwhelming! So we’ve helped narrow your search with 10 reputable Riverside county pest control companies. These businesses have years, even decades, of experience serving the community.
General pest control, termite treatments, fumigations, and preventative treatments are typical services. Also, most pest control companies offer rodent control in Riverside, CA.
Including treating and preventive measures to protect against the gopher, mice, and rat populations that are native to the Inland Empire. Here is our list of the best pest control companies available in Riverside.
1. Tiger Termite and Pest Control Inc.
Phone Number: (909) 597-6953
Address: 4195 Chino Hills Parkway #148, Chino Hills, CA 91709
Tiger Termite and Pest Control is a family-owned business that has been providing Riverside pest control services for over two decades. Their services also extend into the greater Orange County area.
Tiger Termite and Pest Control believe in giving back to the community. So they donate a portion of their proceeds to multiple foundations. Including the Alzheimer’s Foundation, Multiple Sclerosis Society, and Autism Speaks.
Services Include – Free Inspections, General Pest Control, Fumigations, Rat Control, and Exclusion. Also, Gopher Control, Fungus, Dry Rot, and Subterranean and Drywood Termite Treatments. Products are eco-friendly and their services are guaranteed.
2. Clark Pest Control
Phone Number: (951) 289-3362
Address: 3403 Durahart St, Riverside, CA 92507
Clark Pest Control is a chain extermination business with over 26 locations. Doing business since 1950, Clark prides itself on being one of the largest businesses in the industry today. Services are guaranteed and they employ green practices.
Services Include – Residential Pest Control, Year-Round Pest Away Service, and Termite Inspection and Control. Also, Yard and Garden Services, and Commercial Pest Control.
3. Rodent Pest Technologies
Phone Number: (888) 583-9717
Address: 6634 Doolittle Ave, Riverside, CA 92503
Rodent Pest Technologies started in a small garage and has evolved into a full-service pest control company. They’ve been in the industry for 25 years.
Services Include – Ants and General Pests. Termites, Birds, Snakes, Ground Squirrels, Mice, and Rats. As well as, Pocket Gopher Removal.
4. Lloyd Pest Control
Phone Number: (951) 600-1398
Address: 7167 Old 215 Frontage Rd, Riverside, CA 92507
Serving Southern California for two generations, Lloyd Pest Control is a family-operated business that’s evolved into a staff of over 200 professionals.
Services Include – Pest Control Insulations, General Pest Removals, Subterranean Termite Treatments, Drywood Termite Treatments, Bird Control, and Fungus Control. Furthermore, Wildlife including Raccoons, Opossums, and Skunk Trapping Services are available.
5. The Bee Man
Phone Number: (949) 455-0123
Address: 25652 Taladro Circle, Suite G, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Jerry Bryant, The Beeman, has been a resident of Mission Viejo for over 40 years. He is on the Orange County Pest Control Board. In addition to removing and relocating bees, Jerry is a guest speaker who dedicates his time educating children and adults about bees.
Services Include – Scout Bees Removal and Relocation, Bee Swarm Removal and Beehive Removal. As well as, Wasp Nest Removal, and Yellow Jacket Nest Removal.
6. Gopher Patrol
Phone Number: (951) 778-9788
Address: 12155 Magnolia Ave Suite 10 B, Riverside, CA 92503
Gopher Patrol is family-owned and has been servicing the Southern California community for over 20 years. Receiving an Angie’s List Super Service Award in 2017. Pest control services are available for both residential and commercial buildings.
Services Include – Pest Control, Mosquito Control, and Termite Treatments. Also, they specialize in Mole, Gopher, Squirrel, and Rodent Control.
7. Treebark Termite and Pest Control
Phone Number: (951) 355-1290
Address: 8175 Limonite Ave, Suite A, Riverside, California – 92509
With over 70 years of experience, Treebark Termite and Pest Control do it differently. They use a naturally derived Chlorantraniliprole “Treebark” based product to control termite infestations.
This naturally derived Treebark compound drives termites out of your home, destroys their colony, and keeps them away for up to a full decade.
Services Include – Organic IPM, Residential Termite Control, and Residential Pest Control.
8. Southland Pest Control
Phone Number: (877) 576-1101
Address: 2900 Adams Street Suite A14, Riverside, CA 92504
Southland Pest Control is a veteran-owned and operated pest control company. Offering their services to both residential and commercial buildings. Because of their services, Southland Pest Control offers a discount for heroes! Heroes included in the discount are active-duty soldiers, veterans, police officers, and firefighters.
Services Include – General Pest Control. Bee Damage Repair, Bee Removal, and Bee Control. Bed Bug Control and Treatment. Bed Bug Dog Inspections and Termite Inspections and Treatments.
9. Gopher the Kill Pest Control
Phone Number: (951) 977-8183
Address: 9880 Indiana Ave. STE 23, Riverside, CA 92503
Gopher the Kill Pest Control offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on their services. Specializing in gopher and rodent control.
Services Include – General Pest Control, Gopher Control, and Wildlife Control. Wildlife Control includes Squirrels, Mice, Rats, Pigeons, Voles, and Moles.
10. Moxie Pest Control Services
Phone Number: (951) 444-9307
Address: 6985 Arlington Ave. Unit E, Riverside CA 92504
Email: Not Listed
Moxie Pest Control in Riverside, CA has been raising the standard of service since 2001. Their business is a branch operated by individually owned team members of the Moxie organization.
Services Include – General Pest Control, Termite Inspections, Treatments, and Mosquitos with year-round Free Reservices. Additionally, Moxie Pest Control offers its services to both residential and commercial buildings.
Why Riverside Termite Control is Important?
Because every season is termite season in California! Statistically speaking, on a list of the top 20 cities with the worst termite infestation problems, six cities reside in California. Furthermore, Riverside is number seven on that list! So let’s talk termites for a minute, shall we?
Riverside Pest Control Battles Two Termite Species
Two termite species more commonly require pest control service in Riverside, CA. Counties throughout the state experience infestations of Drywood, and Subterranean termites.
While a third species known as the Dampwood termites exists. They’re less likely to cause structural damages. Let’s elaborate further on the two more destructive species for California homeowners.
1. Drywood Termites
Unlike other species, Drywood termites don’t make their homes out of mud or live underground. Drywood termites live inside largely populated colonies wherever there is a large amount of dry wood.
Unfortunately, this means their colonies can be difficult to spot. Allowing opportunity for immense damages to a homeowner’s foundation before being detected.
What Do Drywood Termites Look Like?
So how do you know what you’re looking for? Well, depending on their age, Drywood termites grow to be 1/4 inch to 3/8 inches in size. Also, color varies depending on their role within the colony.
Soldier Drywood termites are cream to brown colored. Whereas worker Drywood termites are cream-colored. And can appear white on wood surfaces.
Short legs, long antennae, and thick waists are characteristics of the Drywood termite. Drywood termite swarmers have wings that are the same length. These swarmers are also known as alates.
Signs of Drywood Termite Infestations:
- White ant sightings. Termites and ants are similar in appearance. Making them easily mistakable for white ants. Termites are a thicker species with a cream-colored body and thicker antennae.
- Winged ants/termites. Signs of an infestation involves swarming winged termites. These are commonly mistaken as flying ants. So be aware of this misconception before dismissing this warning sign.
- Termite poop. Because Drywood termites don’t use their waste to build colonies, their frass excretions are forced from their colony’s tunnels and out into your home. Waste can present itself as mysterious piles of pellets. Furthermore, it looks like a dark powdered substance. Or even, salt and pepper.
- Clicking in the walls. Believe it or not, infestations of these pests can be detected by clicking noises in the wall. These sounds are made when they’re warning the colony of danger. And of course, as they noisily eat your home from the inside out. If you suspect you hear them clicking around in the walls, do not wait to call an exterminator.
2. Subterranean Termites
These pests have one mission and that mission is to consume dead wood and cellulose materials. Building their colonies underground, Subterranean termites can have upwards of two-million members!
Subterranean termites are often known as the most destructive species of their kind. In fact, when left to their destruction, they may cost a homeowner upwards of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Working day and night on building large underground dwellings. Subterranean termites need soil to thrive and will die without a soil source. In order to reach their primary food source without being exposed to the air, this species creates a set of underground mud tubes for traveling. These tubes can sometimes be seen on wood joints and beams.
What Do Subterranean Termites Look Like?
Subterranean termite swarmers are black, have wings, and grow to around 1/8 inch in size. Soldier termites are light cream to brown in color.
They are long, narrow, and oval in shape and found in all the states except for Alaska. However, California claims six spots on America’s list of the twenty worst cities for these pests!
Signs of Subterranean Termite Infestations:
- Swollen floors. Subterranean termites can feast away on your hardwood and laminate flooring. Evidence of termite damage often resembles water damage. Especially on tile and laminate flooring. Additionally, floorboards that excessively squeak can be evidence of termite damage to floors.
- Hollow sounding. Termite wood damage is often indicated by a hollow sound. When termites eat through wood, they create cavities in floors, walls, and baseboards. These cavities impose a hollow sound when you knock on wood.
- Moldy mildew scent. Termite infestations have been known to put out a smell that resembles mold or mildew.
- Swollen ceilings. Termite damage in ceilings typically resembles water damage. Also, due to the consumption of cellulose materials, termite damage can manifest as cracks in the ceiling.
Other Signs of Termite Infestations:
- Droopy, discolored drywall.
- Windows/Doors that are stuck.
- Small, pinpoint holes in your drywall.
- Buckled wood/laminate flooring.
- Loose tiles.
- Crumbling wood.
- Peeling paint resembling water damage.
- Piles of wings left after termite swarms.
- Piles of termite pellets resembling salt and pepper mix.
- Maze-like patterns in walls, floorboards, and furniture.
- Mud tubes climbing your home’s foundation.
California provides ample conditions for year-round termite infestations. Don’t wait until the signs are critical before having an inspection performed. Termite inspections are usually free and might save you upwards of hundreds of thousands of dollars, in homeowner damages.
Did you find this article helpful? Awesome! Please share this post and help spread awareness to your neighbors. Have you had an issue with pests in the past? Share your story in the comments below.